Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add In doesn't appear with ACT 2011 and outlook 2007 and Windows7 64 bits

Add In doesn't appear with ACT 2011 and outlook 2007 and Windows7 64 bits

Hi, I am sorry to write but I try any suggestion inside the sage forum and sage support. I have sage act pro 2011 - version 13.1.111.0 Hotfix 1, Outlook 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO and windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I am administrator of the machine. I follow all the instruction for have active the add in inside outlook (ACT! Icons Missing From Outlook® Tool Bar Answer ID 23022 | Published 08/04/2008 03:56 PM | Updated 07/19/2011 11:02 AM ) Deleting, registering and adding. I have only one machine working with the same environment except for windows 7 32 bit where i didnt uninstall act 6 upgrading it to act 2011. The add in are inside Outlook, they point to a wrong db (the previous one) but it is able to register inside the new db. I have finished all my ideas, could you help me please ? Thanks, simone

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Add In doesn't appear with ACT 2011 and outlook 2007 and Windows7 64 bits

First, where are you looking for ACT! to appear?

I'd suggest updating to Hotfix4 as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27440

Note: all systems sharing the database will need to be updated to the same build

Bronze Contributor

Before going much further are you running Office 64 bit version or 32 bit version as this will be a problem.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Highlighted

Office 2007 didn't have an x64 version.
So many issues with Office 2003 x64 than MS didn't do one for 2007

Hi Mike, I intend ACT add-in inside outlook toolbar.

Hi Paul, my office 2007 is installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12, I think means 32 bits (also task manager show *32).

I have to add that Norton Internet Security is installed, also I try to disable it without changes.

I install HF4 and now I have Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 4 - English (United States) - installed.

For simplify the troubleshooting I am using a local ACT2011Demo,pad database.

After HF installation I reinsert the e-mail and admin preferences (all checked) and all seems to be ok.

Following knowledge base http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23022/ I check:

1. Outlook isn’t in background.
  2. ACT Address Book is not present inside Outlook, only mobile and Outlook (I also uninstall BBerry Desktop Manager)
  3. Act add-in is enabled inside Outlook and macros are not applied.
  4. Redemption Outlook Helper is active.
  5. act9ext.dll or act9ab32.dll are not disabled.
  6. Reset of Outlook toolbar that delete Sync Contact and Sync Calendar (with ACT!) icons, they reappear after restart.
  7. Disable each add-in except  Redemption Helper.
  8. Load Behavior =3 under WOW6432node.
  9. Outlook Address Book deleted (only one for ACT)
  10. Restarted ACT!2011 as administrator and recreate the email pref.
  11. Try to add again but ACT Address Book is not present inside Outlook, only mobile and Outlook.
  12. Replace Plug-in: I had only Act7Ext, Act9Ext, Act9AB32 (dlls); delete them and install Act9AB32 and Act9Ext.
  13. Damaged add-in Registry: done,
  14. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ACTOutlookAddin.Connect deleted
  15. Only one file folder for 13.1.111.0
  16. Load Behaviour=3
  17. RegAsm.exe and gacutil has to be launched as administrator setting the properties window, ActOutlookAddin.dll moved on them (in 2 times) without errors inside the dos shell
  18. Repeated manualy the procedure inside a shell with RegAsm ActOutlookAddin / u and RegAsm ActOutlookAddin for register.
  19. Repeated manualy the procedure inside a shell with gacutil /u ActOutlookAddin and gacutil /i ActOutlookAddin for register.
  20. After all HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ACTOutlookAddin.Connect the key is lost.
  21. But checking better for W7 64Bits the right registry could be: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ACTOutlookAddIn.Connect
  22. Restart from the point 13 with this new key.
  23. Now the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ACTOutlookAddIn.Connect - is back.

Add-in inside Outlook is still lost, address book not present.

Regards,

Simone Gambuzzi

ACT! user since 2004

Elidata - Italy

Office 2007 completely uninstalled, install it again, +sp1, +sp2.

Uninstall of SageACT!2011 and fresh installation for SageACT!2011 + HF 4.

No changes, no add-in inside outlook, no address book.

Regards,

Simone Gambuzzi

ACT! user since 2004

Elidata - Italy

Hi,

I try to use a local copy of .pad as readed around but is still impossible to add ACT address book (is not present as option) in Outlook.

No add-in except the sync icons inside Outlook, the history is not created inside ACT!.

Someone has one (or two) suggestion ?

Thanks,

Simone Gambuzzi

ACT! user since 2004

Elidata - Italy

You need to add the address book from ACT! Preferences, not Outlook

You might try starting ACT! by right-clicking on the ACT! Icon and "Run as Admin" then trying to add the address book in ACT!

You said "Local PAD" ... is the database on a LAN?

Hi Mike,

I add the address book from ACT (not as administrator) and after i tryed to add it from Outlook, but inside Tools/Account Settings/Address Book doesn't appear.

Following your suggestion I start ACT! as administrator redoing the email configuration without having the address book inside my outlook.

Yes the DB is on a LAN, my pc is simo-portatile and the db is inside simofisso, the local path for simofisso is :

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE ACTDatabasePADFile>
<!--This file represents a Pointer to an Act Database or [PAD]-->
<ACTDatabase name="Elidata_2011" host="SIMOFISSO" location="C:\ACT Data\Databases" type="Sql" />

Could be the space inside the path ?

I tryied to point the .pad to a local dir where I copyied the original .pad of the shared DB.

The database is mounted from my client (simo-portatile) with a mapped drive in T:\Databases\Elidata_2011 (\\simofisso\databases).

Thanks a lot,

simone

You never need to set it in Outlook, only in ACT! - in fact, Outlook should be closed when setting it up
Does the database show in the Email settings in ACT!?

Try all of this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23022

If still no luck, try:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13826