Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add Documents To Opportunities Greyed Out

Bronze Contributor

Add Documents To Opportunities Greyed Out

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Add Documents To Opportunities Greyed Out

John,

There wasn't any text to go with the description, if you are using IE9, you'll need to select 'Compatibility View' for the Community website.  The 'Compatibility View' icon will be to the right of the web address field.

Are you referring to the Documents tab on the Opportunity Detail screen?

I see you have Windows 7, are you running ACT! 'As Administrator'?  (close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run As Adminstrator)

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Contributor

Thanks for the info on the compatibility mode.  That explains a lot of other questions. 

Adding a document to opportunities is grayed out:  Recent changes :

• Upgraded to IE9
  • Upgraded to ACT HotFix 3
  • Added a slde scanner program

Any ideas?

John Purdy
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

I haven't been able to reproduce this situation, with HF3 applied the Add Document option is available on my installation. 

- You specifically mention 'Opportunity', is the option available on a Contact record?

- Are you able to drag/drop a file into the Document tab?

- Select different Opp Detail Layout - is option available?

- Have you tried opening the demo to see if it also affected?

- Tried  running ACT! 'As Administrator' (or with UAC disabled)?

- Has the computer been rebooted since the update/programs were installed?

You may want to try uninstalling the scanner, just to verify or eliminate it as a possibility.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Contributor

Thanks Greg, but I am still have the same problems.  Summary of your suggestions:

1. You specifically mention 'Opportunity', is the option available on a Contact record? - No

2.  Are you able to drag/drop a file into the Document tab? - didn't know this could be done nor how to do it.

3.  Select different Opp Detail Layout - is option available? - doesn't work by changing layouts

4.  Have you tried opening the demo to see if it also affected? - not able to open the demo file

5.  Tried running ACT! 'As Administrator' (or with UAC disabled)? - run as admin by default

6.  Has the computer been rebooted since the update/programs were installed? - I removed the software and rebooted several times

John Purdy
Bronze Contributor

Well, color me a little embarrassed.  Apparently when we loaded HF3 some of the preferences were reset.  The box to attach documents changed to unchecked.  All is fine with the world again.

However, I still can't open the demo database.  I'm sure I did something wroing with it.  Is there a way to create a new copy of it?

John Purdy

We were all overlooking the simple solution  : )  

You can recreate the demo by extracting the files from the install disk/download.  The path will be {install media}\{version of ACT!}\program files\ACT\ActInstallDir\US\Act2011Demo-database files.  Copy this folder to a new location, then move the ADF and ALF files out  (up 1 file level), then open using the ADF.  

Creating a new 'test' database also works well for isolating issues, but having a database populated with test data is nice.

Greg Martin
Sage