Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Add Contact to Group

Tuned Listener

Add Contact to Group

When I try to add a contact to a group by hitting the button on the "Groups/Companies" tab it locks up. I have to restart ACT. This has not always done this.

Thanks Dan

Re: Add Contact to Group

If I want to set up a group contact list what are the steps?

I haven't even gotten that far yet. Grouping is too confusing for me, I tried it but to no avail. If you hear anything, let me know. THanks
Platinum Elite Contributor

Dan, 

I am having the same problem and we have had our IT guy look at it - he couldn't find a solution.  He tried un-installing / reinstalling with no success.  I can add a contact to a group by opening up a group and choosing "Add/Remove Contacts" which may work for you but depending on how many groups your contact belongs to (many for us) it could either work well or be very tedious (as it is for us).

Are you still struggling with this or have you found a solution???

Meredith

[ Edited ]
Dan, I am the IT guy mentioned the above post. I have done almost everything imaginable but had no luck until yesterday. I was able to solve the issue by doing a complete manual unistall of act, and then reinstalling it. It took about two hours from start to finish and was not an easy task. In order to completely manually unistall it you have to edit the windows registry which is never a fun thing to do. There is an act knolwedge base article on how to do it, but at the moment I can't find the link. If you have any problem with it you can visit my site www.ztechcomputers.net and email me, I'm sure we can figure something out. Thanks for starting the thread I hope this answer helps you. -Zach

Message Edited by zhoge on 03-08-2008 09:33 AM

Zach, you might trying using Uninstaller.exe from the knowledge base... easier than the manual uninstall

Was a resolution ever found for this?

I am on windows 7 and this started happening one day.

I'm in contacts, I click on the groups tab and BOOM......... LOCKED UP...can't do anything else with Act - have to use task manager to end the 'unresponding' program.

I've tried working with my Act! support rep and he can't even figure it out. 

Any thoughts?