Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Actual layout does not look like the layout in Designer

Actual layout does not look like the layout in Designer

I am creating a new database and I have created a new layout based upon the basic company layout 1024x768.

In the designer everything looks perfect. Labels are all clearly visible and so are fields. However, when I exit the designer and look at the new layout in ACT, label text is cut off at the right end and text boxes are cut off the bottom. When looking at the real layout (not the designer layout) all the labels and fields are pushed to the left of the window and there is plenty of room to the right of the window.

So why is ACT not presenting my layout as I designed it?How do I fix this?

Act Premier 2011, no contacts or companies have been imported into the database yet.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Actual layout does not look like the layout in Designer

Do you have your video set for large fonts?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

No - I have it set for "medium" - the default.view.

Copper Elite Contributor

I seem to recall that it like "small" fonts.  I thought that was the default in Windows 7.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello ABQNM,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. You will also need to make sure your graphics DPI setting is at 96 DPI (normal).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I changed my windows screen font from medium to the smallest (default) setting which improved my layout in ACT so that the actual layout now looks like the layout in Designer (no fields are cut-off). However, at my age, with the windows font set to "smallest" I am unable to read anything on screen in any of my other programs including QuickBooks.

Isn't there a way to keep my windows font size set to "medium" and still be able to use my customized layouts in ACT?

Thanks for your help!!

Bronze Super Contributor