Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Actlink for Palm OS not syncing between Act 9.0 & Palm Centro

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Actlink for Palm OS not syncing between Act 9.0 & Palm Centro

I have upgraded to Act 9.0 from Act 6.0. I have a new AT&T Palm Centro. I am using the sync tool included with Act (I am not using CompanionLink).

I have about 1950 records in my Act database.

Everything is working, except: Changes made to records in the Palm are NOT reflected in the Act database. Likewise, changes made in Act do NOT show up in the Palm. Basically, the sync with Act is not working at all.

(The sync with my Outlook calendar is working fine.)

I have tried the following:

a. I have un-installed and re-installed the Act Link for Palm OS program that came with the Act 9.0 CD-ROM

b. I have attempted to sync with Act running and also with Act shut down on the PC

c. I have confirmed that the Hotsync configuration is set for a 2 way sync.

d. I have confirmed that I have the most recent version of Act 9.0 (I am running v9.0.1.162)

I am running the following:

> Windows XP Professional with SP3

> Palm Desktop version 6.2.2

> Hotsync Manager v7.0.2.

> I have installed the ActLink for Palm OS program that came on the CDROM with Act 9.0 (I can't locate a version number for the ActLink program.)

Any ideas? Do I need to buy the CompanionLink software? It has functions I don't need and I'd rather not spend the money unless I have to. ActLink for Palm OS does everything I need (if it worked).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hugh Heinsohn

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author hughrheinsohn
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Actlink for Palm OS not syncing between Act 9.0 & Palm Centro

The 2007 version of ACT! Link for Palm OS is not supported with Palm 6 / HotSync 7, which are the latest versions of those programs.  This may be the reason for the issue you are having.  Try downloading and installing Palm Desktop 4 with HotSync Manager 6 from Palm's website (www.palm.com) and see if this works. Be sure to uninstall the newer version of Palm and ACT! Link for Palm before installing Palm 4.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author hughrheinsohn
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

The 2007 version of ACT! Link for Palm OS is not supported with Palm 6 / HotSync 7, which are the latest versions of those programs.  This may be the reason for the issue you are having.  Try downloading and installing Palm Desktop 4 with HotSync Manager 6 from Palm's website (www.palm.com) and see if this works. Be sure to uninstall the newer version of Palm and ACT! Link for Palm before installing Palm 4.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks! This worked. It did take about 2 hours of tweaking to get it all working properly though. There seems to be a very exact order that you have to do things in to get the Outlook Calendar 2003 conduit working at the same time with the Act Contacts conduit. However, it is possible and the sync functions do seem to be working well now in both directions for both the Outlook 2003 calendar and the Act contacts.

The one thing I notice is that record deletions are not synced in the Act contacts conduit. If you delete a record on the Centro, that deletion is not synced in the desktop Act database, and vice versa. This may be by design though and is perhaps a safety feature.

i'm in trial stage on this new version.

had originally been user since DOS.

i also have centro (mixed review).

are you happy with the sync now and are the respective changes happening?

when you put in a note to the centro where does it show up in ACT?

i wd like to use the palm for essentially creating an immediate call report, possible?

when you sync, is it one operation or two?

thanks for any help.

pn