01-06-2009 12:46 PM
Please help. When I'm doing my client callbacks, I create a lookup from the Activity Alerts that rollover onto today's calendar. But today, the first Activity Alert is duplicated across all 15 contacts that appeared on the lookup today! And in fact, it replaced the ones I had for my other clients - complete with the first contact's name and message! If I change the Activity Alert on any of these 15 messages, it changes it on all of them. Oy vey! What have I done? And how do I stop it?
01-09-2009 08:55 AM - edited 01-09-2009 08:57 AM
You won’t be able to get the activities back unless you have a backup of the database. You could also try running database maintenance from actdiag to see if will change anything, but I honestly don't think it will.
01-10-2009 11:02 AM
David, thank you for taking the time to respond. Oddly enough, I decided to tackle (rebuild my alerts) at a later time and closed the program. When I opened it again, the future alerts were all back in place! I figured it was a fluke. Then, when I opened it again yesterday, clicked on Calendar, chose the day's alerts, and modified the first client alert...there it went again! It duplicated it (replaced the current ones) on all the clients showing in the lookup! I closed the program and reopened it, to find that everything was OK again. After that, it let me modify the alerts without incident. I'm not as concerned now about losing all my IMPORTANT alerts, but I'm concerned about this instability since these alerts are my bread and butter.