Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activities won't transfer to another database

Copper Contributor

Activities won't transfer to another database

[ Edited ]

ACT Premium 14.1.108.0 - We have multiple DB's and for some reason when we export a contact from one DB to another the activity doesn't go with it.  All of the filters are set correctly, the "include other users public activities" is checked, the activity is public.  We have run a check and repair on every DB tried the export both ways, tried to export into the demo database and the activity will not go with the record.  Any ideas?  This is running on a Windows Server 2008 R2 all of the users use Remote Desktop to access the server so everything is local.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Activities won't transfer to another database

Did you export the My records for all the users to the target database and make them users ( Tools | Manage Users ) in the target database?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, every DB is made from a master DB with the same users in it.   Correct me if I'm wrong though - that hasn't been required since V6?  On another system I am able to make a test DB and export the contact and the activity goes even though I didn't transfer any users.

Bronze Elite Contributor

If the user is not in both databases the activity will end up with the user who is logged on as importing. Also custom activities don't import unless replicated.from the original database.

If your database originated as ACT V12 you may also have some legacy issues regarding importing activities. You should be on SP3 of V16 (2014) Hotfix1

Copper Contributor

That would be fine if anyone could see the activity - the problem is it doesn't transfer at all.