Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activities with Multiple Contacts - Single Activity, show all contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Activities with Multiple Contacts - Single Activity, show all contacts

When I create an activity for multiple contacts, such as a call to a customer and a contractor, it shows in the Activities, Calendar, and History as "Call <Multiple Contacts>".  When I print out my calendar and task list to take on the road, this doesn't help me identify who these multiple contacts are needing to be called.

I understand I can make them separate activities for each contact but that eliminates my intent which is to link the customer and the contractor.  i.e. so that I know which contractor I am working with on a particilar issue with a particular customer.

I looked into using the Opportunities for this and to use one of the fields to input the contractor but this seems rather cumbersome and it doesn't link the activity to the calendar and task list.

Any suggestions, please?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author nanabosma
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Activities with Multiple Contacts - Single Activity, show all contacts

This has been partially addressed with ACT! 2009... but it only shows the first contact and a + to show there are more.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way around this.

For my use, I use a Blackberry on the road with Handheld Contact -  this is the only PDA solution that I've seen that will handle multiple contacts for an activity, note or history so you can work with them on the road.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author nanabosma
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

This has been partially addressed with ACT! 2009... but it only shows the first contact and a + to show there are more.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way around this.

For my use, I use a Blackberry on the road with Handheld Contact -  this is the only PDA solution that I've seen that will handle multiple contacts for an activity, note or history so you can work with them on the road.

Copper Super Contributor

and I really hope with the amount of questions on this that there is a solution for the instance where there is just a single contact and it adds in the MY RECORD to create multiple contacts even when it should only show the single contact I have an activity with

Thanks

Andy

Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk

angelsolutions wrote:

and I really hope with the amount of questions on this that there is a solution for the instance where there is just a single contact and it adds in the MY RECORD to create multiple contacts even when it should only show the single contact I have an activity with

Thanks

Andy

I've only seen that when activities are sync'd with Outlook... I haven't actually tried this recently, hopefully it's been fixed.

Copper Super Contributor

Thats right - just when you synch with outlook - I have posted this a few times but not had a definitive response yet!

It still happens with the latest version of Act!

Thanks

Andy

Andy Kent
www.angelsolutions.co.uk

It is listed for the older versions in this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5d9rh6

Are you sure you are getting this from ACT! 2009?

What ver of Outlook?

Are you modifying the activity in Outlook?

Copper Super Contributor

yes we have grown up with Act, and yes we had registry hacks that worked before

but 2009 with outlook 2003, a sync without changing a thing does this to all records

We have 13 users the same!

Thanks

Andy

Andy Kent
www.angelsolutions.co.uk

Any chance you could try a new ACT! database (or the demo) and a new Outlook profile?

Post the exact steps you do to do the sync

I have Outlook 2007, but I might try installing O2003 on a test machine next week if the above gives you the same result