Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activities and Recurring Activities

Activities and Recurring Activities

[ Edited ]

Hi Team,

Is there any way of creating a report or exporting (Excel) data based on the system view dbo.Acitivities. This view contains the field "Is Cleared", while the tbl_Activity does not. We are trying to export the activities from Sage Act! Preimun but are having not luck.

We have noticed the following:

1) Recurring Activities, there are only one record in the database for recurring Activities, yet the view inside Act can show mutliple records.

2) Because the TBL_Activities does not contain the value Is_Cleared, we are unable to export the database or run the view dbo.activities

Any help would be useful

cheers

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Activities and Recurring Activities

You wrote

1) Recurring Activities, there are only one record in the database for recurring Activities, yet the view inside Act can show multiple records.

-------------------

That's correct. There are tables in the database connected to the main activity table that hold the recurring information thus only one activity record is used and the ACT! program interprets the recurring information to show the additional activities in some views.

You wrote:

2) Because the TBL_Activities does not contain the value Is_Cleared, we are unable to export the database or run the view dbo.activities.

-----------------------

The ACT! activities in the SQL database is composed of several tables that make up the complete activity description along with the appropriate User and Primary table connections. To do what you want you would need an SQL query with the appropriate joins to extract the desired information.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy!

Is there an out of the box database scheme that i could use as a reference?

I have tried multiple SQL scripts but to no avail. My main SQL consist of joining CONTACT_ACTIVITY To ACTIVITY Table. This doesn't have the Is cleared option. I have tried to view the Dbo.Activities which is under the system view, but seems to be locked or does not want to execute

Regarding the recurring activities, is there another table i should be looking at too?

Am i missing something?

Thanks you in Advance Roy

look forward to hearing from you soon

cheers

Platinum Elite Contributor

Are you using the SQL Server Management Studio? That would allow you to build a diagram of the database tables and show the links between the tables. It also allows you to view the list of columns in each table. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129