Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activities Related to Opportunities

Activities Related to Opportunities

In ACT!2008, need to be able to schedule activities related to opportunities and see those/report on those on a regular basis. I see where you can schedule a Followup from the Opportunity window but can't see in the Task List/Calendar the relationship with the opps. Also need to be able to run reports that show all the activities either scheduled or completed that are related to particular opps. Example: need to be able to report on opp XYZ and show all the activities that are scheduled or were completed that are related to that opp. Will probably run a monthly report that shows all opps along with their related activities, whether open or completed, to determine how much activity is happening against any given opp.

Is this possible with ACT!2008? If not, is there an add-on report writer that can provide this information. Can't seem to find a way to view open tasks and/or completed history activities based on opp. Looking at the Activities tab or History tab of any given record, whether company or contact, just seeing the activities or histories but don't see the opps they're associated with? Am I missing something obvious? 

Re: Activities Related to Opportunities

I am working with ACT! By Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.2.191. I realize that the opportunity field has come a long way however I have also been looking for this same capability. When I sit in a pipeline review it's great having the opportunities view in front of me however I'm always jumping into the list of people associated with the opportunity and searching for notes and updates. The ability to track tasks, meetings, calls that are follow ups to an opportunity would be tremendous. As long as I'm asking, the ability to filter the tasks to see which ones are open and which one are closed. Thanks Santa! Seriously if anyone knows of  way to do this or if there is a plug-in that will do it please let me know. Thanks.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Activities Related to Opportunities

Hi

The only work around I know is to create a Group for each Opportunity. The Opportunity and all activity and notes can be associated to the group. Not ideal to say the least and if you have many low value opportunities not practical but if you are High Value low volume it can work. Now when you view groups you see the opportunity and all associated contacts, activity and notes.

Hope this may help.

Chip