Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activiies not Synchronizing Properly

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Activiies not Synchronizing Properly

I am having problems with activities synchronizing between to ACT 2010 databasesAfter synchronization the activities of the parent over ride the changes made on the remote database even when the changes of the remote database are newer then the parent.

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Paul M

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Activiies not Synchronizing Properly

There isn't any doubt that is the source of your problem. generally speaking automatic rollover of activities shouldn't be used if you are synchronizing and never if you are synchronizing between a laptop and a desktop computer. Synchronization is controlled by a time and date stamp on every change to the database and when activities rollover that is a change and updates the tiem and date stamp.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

Are you doing automatic rollover of activities?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Roy

Yes I am.

Paul M

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

There isn't any doubt that is the source of your problem. generally speaking automatic rollover of activities shouldn't be used if you are synchronizing and never if you are synchronizing between a laptop and a desktop computer. Synchronization is controlled by a time and date stamp on every change to the database and when activities rollover that is a change and updates the tiem and date stamp.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Roy

Thanks that was the problem.  Also thank you for your quick reply.

Paul M

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've just faced the same issue.

Unless someone can explain otherwise, I think to time stamp rolling over an activity (therefore making it the latest change) is a poor usability decision.

I rarely finish a day with no activities left; sometimes I roll over 50+.

I recently made positive changes to lots of activities (e.g. changing dates, "Regarding" lines) on my main database.

So now if I want to use my laptop I have to either remember when I should or shouldn't click "Yes" to confirm roll over, or turn the feature off my laptop. That in turn means I can't use alarms on my laptop, which is easily the most efficient way of driving calls.

In my opinion, rolling over an activity isn't a 'positive' action and shouldn't be stamped with a date and time.

The same applies to the "Edit Date" field, which is rendered useless in my opinion because it updates merely when an activity on the contact was rolled over. By its very nature, rolling over an activity is evident of a lack of action, not confirmation of an action.