Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activation of old versions of ACT

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Activation of old versions of ACT

Act! v13 is also known as Act! 2011, which was released 8 years ago. 

And if you purchased v21 last November for more than $200, you're one of the few, as every reseller in the world was selling it for $199.

As for not being entitled to 21.1, I thought this was a Premium issue, not one with Pro. My understanding is that Pro supports all updates within the same release. 

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Copper Contributor

Wrong again on all 3 points. Quit being a jerk. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Nickel Super Contributor

Which part are you correcting me on precisely? That Act! 13 was code named Act! 2011, or when it was released, which was the fall of 2010?

Or maybe you don’t know the difference between Act! V13 and v2013, I’m not sure and I don’t care.

What I do know is that you have purchased two copies of Act! In the last decade, and I’ve sold more Act! than anyone in history, but you know that you’re right and that I’m a “jerk”. Good luck to you.

Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Copper Contributor

I’ve purchased 20 licenses since 2013 clown, and that’s precisely why we are calling out Swiftpage’s extortion. We were given 60 days to come up with thousands of dollars to purchase software that was a downgrade to what we were already running, AND not only is it buggy as heck, but then Swiftpage pulls the plug on the service pack for those running 21.0 just 4 months after spending the said thousands of dollars. Your pathetic attitude is exactly why we all hate this sham of a company, and its no surprise that they partner with a troll like you. Enjoy your trophies Keystroke. Business is about to go down the drain.

Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It sounds like having to purchase Act! twice in the same decade was quite a hardship for you, so much so that almost a year later you're still crying about being forced to upgrade your Act! 2013.
I don't mean to sound insensitive, as I'm convinced you genuinely feel betrayed by Swiftpage, but consider this math for a moment.

Your Act! 2013 investment lasted over 5 years, meaning if each each license cost you roughly $270 back then, your average monthly cost per seat was less than $4.50. This rate is 10-20% the cost of most CRM subscriptions these days - even the cheap ones, so despite your tantrums, you haven't been extorted quite as much as you'd have the world think.

I'm sure you've got some angry, name-calling retort for me, but I'm afraid I have to abandon this thread to focus on my own business, which by your account, is going down the drain. Thanks for your concern.

Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca