Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activate again?

Activate again?

Okay, now I'm ticked off...

I spent over 45 minutes on the phone last week with a support person I could barely understand, getting my Act2011 Pro activated. I'd bought it back in October, but didn't need it til last week, so I had to call and get an activation code, account, etc. Finished what I was doing, shut it down til just now, and upon restarting it, it now prompting me AGAIN to activate the product.

Does anyone have an idea what to do? I imagine this is a SAGE question rather than a user question. Do SAGE employees respond on this forum?  Sorry, I'm just frustrated...

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Activate again?

Sounds like you may have an operating system with the UAC function enabled. Try running Sage ACT! using the 'Run as administrator' option: close ACT! > right-click ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator'
Greg Martin
Sage

Unfortunately, that didn't work.

Platinum Super Contributor

What happens when you attempt to register?

Does your Windows user name have Administrator rights?

What is the operating system of your computer, and is it a desktop or laptop?
Greg Martin
Sage

I get the "activate now/continue trial" dialog box, asking if I've received the activation email. This is what I got last time I called. When I did call, they gave me an activation code, verbally if I remember correctly (should have written it down), I typed it in, and it worked. Now, we're back to that.

To answer the other questions:

The machine is a laptop, one that I don't use very much. I mostly use my desktop. I own it, and no one else uses it, so I assume I have admin rights. In fact, I have no other user accounts in Windows, just me. I did try the "open as admin" as you suggested, to no avail.

Thanks for trying...