Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activate Act! Pro v18 after transfer to New Computer

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Activate Act! Pro v18 after transfer to New Computer

I'm  using Act! Pro v18.2.53.0, Update 7 on a local machine, one user.

I've moved the database from a Windows 7 computer to my new Windows 10 computer.

No problems moving and restoring the database, but when I input the activation code it's a no go. I notice the code I have from 2017 when I bought the software is much shorter than the temp code that's included with the 30 day trial.

So, question is how do I transfer the license from one machine to another (old computer to new)?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author KHentges
‎09-27-2019 03:26 PM

Re: Activate Act! Pro v18 after transfer to New Computer

I got an answer via email from tech support, if anyone else is moving computers I would recommend contacting them for directions (include your build version) before you install Act! on your new machine, saves some hassle. Link is here: https://www.act.com/contact-us

The issue was my version needed to be updated from 18.1 to 8.2. The tech person sent me a direct link to download the newer version and provided a new activation key. The new key is longer than the original, so that explains that. Everything is working, whew. Remember when it was fun to get a new computer?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author KHentges
‎09-27-2019 03:26 PM

Re: Activate Act! Pro v18 after transfer to New Computer

I got an answer via email from tech support, if anyone else is moving computers I would recommend contacting them for directions (include your build version) before you install Act! on your new machine, saves some hassle. Link is here: https://www.act.com/contact-us

The issue was my version needed to be updated from 18.1 to 8.2. The tech person sent me a direct link to download the newer version and provided a new activation key. The new key is longer than the original, so that explains that. Everything is working, whew. Remember when it was fun to get a new computer?