Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ActSage.exe version 13.1.111.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ActSage.exe version 13.1.111.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

We share the ACT database from our Windows SBS 2008 server. It had been working fine last week and starting Monday or Tuesday it just started hanging as soon as you logged in.

I applied service pack 1 and all available hotfixes to the server and all the workstations (3) but it is still doing it. Help!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tsvdv
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Resolved

I ended up opening a ticket with support.  They had me disable the UAC and reboot which didn't work (no surprise there).  They were able to resolve by renaming the home folder to home.old.  The client was locking up because it couldn't load the home page.  By renaming the folder, it disables the home page.  Turns out that the root cause was Internet Explorer had a proxy server set to a web filter service.  Either it was blocking the content or the software didn't like a proxy at all. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

Re: ActSage.exe version 13.1.111.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

Make sure that the SQL Server (ACT7) is running in services would be the place to start as it may not have restarted after the update

Go to Start Run and type is services.msc to open the services panel

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: ActSage.exe version 13.1.111.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed

I'm picking up for a coworker.  I just checked and sthe service is running. 

Hi,

Could you try :

1) Right click on the ActSage.exe

2) Select properties option

3) Go to compatibility tab

4) Select "Exxecute with compatibility of windows server 2003 SP1"

5) Click "Ok"

6) Right click on on the ActSage.exe and chose "Run as adminitrator"

Hope it could help.

Regards.

I should have mentioned I've worked through the KB article:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23807/kw/not%20responding/session/L3RpbWUvM...

So I've done that and it didn't work. I've done everything in the KB article with the exception of disabling User Account Control as it requires reboot and i doubt it will resolve
Solution
Accepted by topic author tsvdv
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Resolved

I ended up opening a ticket with support.  They had me disable the UAC and reboot which didn't work (no surprise there).  They were able to resolve by renaming the home folder to home.old.  The client was locking up because it couldn't load the home page.  By renaming the folder, it disables the home page.  Turns out that the root cause was Internet Explorer had a proxy server set to a web filter service.  Either it was blocking the content or the software didn't like a proxy at all. 

Re: Resolved

Good news !

Thanks to have shared this information.

Best regards.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Resolved

I had this also happen on another client and if you had waited believe it or not the welcome screen would have come up and if you go to preferences startup and change it to say contacts this resolved the problem.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.