Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ActSage.exe Process Utilizes ~100% of CPU When Clearing An Alarm

ActSage.exe Process Utilizes ~100% of CPU When Clearing An Alarm

Whenever I have an activity alarm in ACT! 2010, and I try to clear it, ACT! freezes up for 30 or so seconds. When this happens, the ActSage.exe process uses up almost 100% of my CPU's power. I've tried disabling alarms, but alarms still pop up. Any solutions?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ActSage.exe Process Utilizes ~100% of CPU When Clearing An Alarm

[ Edited ]

How many alarms are displayed in the Alarm window?

How many activities do you have scheduled for a single day?  Do you roll-over the activities so they are all listed on a single/current date?

You can change the 'alarm' default setting through Tools > Preferences > Calendar and Scheduling > Scheduling Preferences, but that will only apply to activities created from that time forward.  Existing activities would not be affected.

Greg Martin
Sage

I might have 5 - 20 events in a single day, and anywhere from 1 or 2 to 30 or 40 alarms at once. What do you mean by rolling-over these activities? Is there any way that I can disable the alarm on all previous events?

Platinum Super Contributor

'Roll-Over' is generally used for 'To-Do' activities that are scheduled with 'Timeless' (no scheduled time).  When you open the database for the first time of the day - these 'Timeless' activities will prompt for Roll-Over (if your Preferences are set to do so). 

Rolling-over your Timeless activities is a great way to be able to see in a single day's view what you have to do.  The issue is that the more activities you schedule on a single day the longer it takes Act! to process through those activities each time you look at that day on the calendar. 

The only way to disable existing alarms in a wholesale fashion is through the Alarm window - Select All > then use the 'Clear Alarm' option. 

Greg Martin
Sage