Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ActLink for Pocket PC will not transfer to Smart Phone

ActLink for Pocket PC will not transfer to Smart Phone

I have a Samsung Propel Pro running Windows Mobile 6.1 with ActiveSync 4.5.  When I configure the system to download my Act information (Act Overwrites data), it erases all of the current data and puts nothing on.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Act (2008 ver 10.0.3), ActLink, and ActiveSync multiple times hoping to reset these connections.  I have also reset the phone to factory defaults multiple times.  i.e. I have tried to set up all of the programs to their original virgin states.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Tuned Listener

Re: ActLink for Pocket PC will not transfer to Smart Phone

When I had the problem, I had to Uninstall ActLink from my phone, then uninstall it from my computer. Rebooted, then reinstalled everything and it worked. Apparently sometimes all the old files don't get erased during a new installation so it may be cause a conflict.

I hope this helps!

Platinum Elite Contributor

The free link in ACT! 2008 didn't support Windows Mobile 6.x, only 5.x. See http://www.act.com/2009/2008sysreq/

You might be able to do this with the free Entry or inexpensive Basic editions of Handheld Contact

Tuned Listener

I just had this problem recur yesterday as I installed the new ACT! 2010 Standard. After searching the forums here I actually found a post regarding an earlier version that said to go to "USER Accounts" in the Control Panel (Vista) and turn User Accounts "Off".

I did that and danged if it didn't fix it immediately!

Yea!! I had spent an entire workday trying to figure this out.