Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act7 Object Reference Problem

Act7 Object Reference Problem

Hi everyone, I'm a LONG time ACT user, but this one stumps me.  On the contacts on the phone button that opens up the fields to pick the country code, enter the phone number etc, I'm getting the message when I click on the button "Object reference not sent to instance of an object."  My son has reloaded my ACT, but the problem persists.  This all happened after my computer crashed and then my hard drive crashed and I had to have a company here in Dallas retrieve all the info.  They said they did with the exception of one file at the end which I haven't found yet.  I would not think this is the problem, but thought I should mention it. 

Tom

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act7 Object Reference Problem

[ Edited ]

Is this on new records before they are saved? If so, see this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6z7vzh

If not, does it happen in the demo database (this can show if it's database damage or the program)?

Have you updated to 7.04 (check Help | About)?

You can download the current patch from http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm

Backup first, just in case you have some corruption that the update doesn't like

Really, ACT! 7.0 was a pain and you'll be REALLY happy if you upgrade to ACT! 2009

Message Edited by GLComputing on 09-11-2008 02:51 AM

Hi,   My issue is that Act will not open at all.  Tried to restore from Backup and did not work .. .wondered if when I backed up .. I would have backed up the problem .. Corrupted file.  Do not have discs - downloaded from InterNet (I believe) - has been so long ago ... Not sure.  Just will not open and then a second message ..The Application has encountered, etc. and want to report.

Any ideas on how to get to open the Program.  Thanks. J. D.

You'll need to contact the place where you got the download and see if you can get another download

Hi Mike,

Your are most kind.

Thanks for the information ... we are searching the office and attic ... hope we have the disc's but have been using Act for almost 20 year?  Sage gave me version 10 as they could not solve a problem and I kept the older version on home computer and have the 10 on my laptop.  Problem is with 7 - which I did not need to upgrade to 10 - use for different database and little business.

So hope to find discs or a way to download program ... then do you think I can use the back up for the database information?

All the best - see you are in Australia ... I am here in Grosse Pointe, MI, USA ... have relatives in Canberra and Perth.

Thanks again.

J. D.

The Ver 7 disc would only be 5 years

The best option would be to upgrade them all to the same version

Thanks ... but if I can not open Version 7 ... how do I upgrade it ... you are most kind.  J. D.