Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act2012 Premium - Mail Merge with Outlook 2007

Act2012 Premium - Mail Merge with Outlook 2007

Hi All

Act2012 Premium, trying to mail-merge with outlook 2007 - both fresh installs. After taking its time (even with just one contact as a Lookup) I get the infamous "Object reference is not set to an instance of an object" error. If Outlook is not open, I don't get the message, but then when I try to open Outlook I get a message critical warning, I do not have user permission to access this file, and need to re-start windows.

I am running Act as Administrator, and using just one record or a few - not hundreds. 

Mega disappointed and frustrated, this is literally the main reason for getting ACT, and at the moment, it looks like money down the drain. Have done a lot of internet searches, and found others experiencing similar from about 2009 / 2010.

Anybody found out why this is like this? And is there something I can do to fix it? 

Any help hugely appreciated.

TIA

D

Re: Act2012 Premium - Mail Merge with Outlook 2007

I've sorted it out.

Windows 7, 32-bit - disabled UAC completely. Voila. Mail merge works, though I have the issue with all the meails being stored in drafts and sent at the rate of about 150 per hour.

Not ideal, but at least it's working in some way!

D