Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act2000 to Act pro17

Tuned Listener

Act2000 to Act pro17

I had to get a new computer (Windows XP no longer supported) and a new Act upgrade from Act2000 to Act pro17.

I've always used 5 or 6 databases in act2000.

Are they transferable by setting up a new data base in actpro17, name it the same data base and importing it with an external drive using  file, Import? 

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act2000 to Act pro17

I'm no expert...    but I think you should convert your database (databases) to the new version V17 PRO

Before conversion...   I suggest... create backups of any databases on your computer.  ( And put a copy of these backups to external media - like a USB memory or external disk )

It is HIGHLY recommended that you perform maintenance on your database using the Act! Diagnostics tool for that version prior to conversion.

Make sure that you have the Administrator Username and Password - Run Maintenance and reindex the database (strongly recommended)

Ensure the database you wish to convert is stored locally on the machine which you have installed C17 PRO version. - If the database resides on another computer, you will need to back it up, then copy the backup over to the machine with ACT! V17 PRO - you can use a third-party .zip extraction utility, such as WinZip or WinRAR to  unzip  the backup to a temporary folder on the new computer.

Any ACC - Act! Certified Consultant can help You with this process of your database Conversion.

Good luck.

WebMobileDEMOserver.png

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Administrator

Re: Act2000 to Act pro17

Hi Greg,

Here's a knowledgebase article that covers the process.
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38205

As Juan mentioned, an ACC can help you with this upgrade.