10-19-2010 11:06 AM
When I try to open Act I get this error message can anyone help with this issue. Thanks Sam
Windows could not start the SQL Server (Act) on local
Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If
This is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and
Refer to service-specific error code 3417.
10-19-2010 01:46 PM
Look at the Program Files folders for both Act! and SQL (default locations - c:\program files\Act\Act for Windows and c:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server). Are these folder BLUE? If they are, that indicates that they have been compressed. You will need to decompress these folders and then attempt to start the SQL Server (Act7) service.
To decompress them:
- right click on the folder > select Properties
- on the General tab > select Advanced
- if Compress Contents to Save Disk Space is checked, remove the check mark
- click on OK to close the window, then select Apply > you will be prompted to choose either the current folder or all sub files and folders > select All Sub Files and Folders.
- after the decompression select OK to close the Properties window.
If the folder is Blue but the Compress option is not checked, place a check mark to enable the option > then select OK. Now click Apply and you will be prompted to apply the change to either just this folder or all sub-files and folder. Select on the folder (not the sub files/folders). Once this has completed, go back in and de-select the Compress option - and complete the steps to decompress.