Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act won't allow Microsoft Word to Save in PDF Format???

Act won't allow Microsoft Word to Save in PDF Format???

Right after I upgraded from 16 to 17 I lost the ability to save in PDF format through Microsoft Word.

After opening a template from Act I compose a quote, etc. and save it in WORD format and then save it in PDF format for sending.

This has not ever been an issue but now in 17, it will not open WORD to my default save location and will only allow the document to be saved in four formats and not PDF.

Anyone else having an issue with this?

When I click on say C://Documents/Customers as this is the location I save docs in, with the window opens, it opens to something completly different C://USERS/Me/Documents/ACT/ACT Data/Documents and the only four types of files I can save as are .DOC, .RTF, .HTM, or .TXT

Please help as I know have to take two extra steps for every doc to save in PDF which is time consuming when dealing with hundreds of documents.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Act won't allow Microsoft Word to Save in PDF Format???

Did you upgrade to Windows 7 at the same time?  Are you running Office 2007?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Bronze Super Contributor

Have you tried printing the document to PDF instead of trying to save it to PDF.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Just to clarify, nothing else changed on my computer except for updated ACT! to Version 17.

The exact version installed is Act! Pro Version 17.0.151.0, Hot Fix 1.

I am running Windows 8.1 with latest updates and Microsoft Office 2013.

Again, no issues until after the ACT Install.

To further clarify, when I open Word outside of ACT the ability to save in PDF format is available along with 20+ other formats.

When a template is opened with ACT and loads in WORD, only four save formats are available.

The print to PDF works but is a work around and not a solution.