Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act v9.0 2007 sharing a db via email

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act v9.0 2007 sharing a db via email

I just started working for a company in another country and I am supposed to be creating a new database and then send it to them. I will make the updates from here and then send it to them. This is something that I used to be able to do when I worked with Act 6.0 but am not finding a way to email the entire database with 2007.

I can send it via email in a txt delim file, but that doesn't contain the alarms and history. 

I am not remotely connected to their computer, so I can't sync. Each computer has their own liscenced copy of Act 07.

Does anyone know how I can send the entire db via email?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moonangel13
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Act v9.0 2007 sharing a db via email

Well, you can backup the database and send it through email, but the backup can be rather large, so its not recommended.  From what you're trying to do, you will need to setup synchronization.  Unfortunately, ACT! standard doesn't have the ability to sync via internet, so you'll need to upgrade to the premium product.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moonangel13
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Act v9.0 2007 sharing a db via email

Well, you can backup the database and send it through email, but the backup can be rather large, so its not recommended.  From what you're trying to do, you will need to setup synchronization.  Unfortunately, ACT! standard doesn't have the ability to sync via internet, so you'll need to upgrade to the premium product.