Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! v22 and SCCM

Highlighted

Act! v22 and SCCM

Hi guys,

I'm facing an issue with Act! v22 on Windows 10 computers, with local database.

I'm trying to package the software to be deployed with SCCM and it is not working.

I created the .iss file, I used the procedure from the Act! forum to create a silent package, but it is not working.

I added log files, on the setup.exe and the .msi package, but it is not clear enough.

Have any of you guys succeded to deploy the software with SCCM ?

Thanks for the help.

Rémy

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! v22 and SCCM

Highlighted

Hello Mike,

Thanks for answering.

That is the point, I have no error message. And the logs are not telling why the setup is stopping.

I'm used to package applications for SCCM, but this one Smiley Mad

I began by just creating the .iss file and then execute the setup reading the .iss file. Not working (when I say not working, I see the Act! setup launch in the Task Manager, but not for long, it just closes).

I tried then the solution preconized by the Act! support, by using the .bat file they provide. It is the same.

And each time I try to launch the Setup.exe directly, it says the PC has a reboot pending. Everytime, even if the PC just started...

Highlighted

Highlighted

Hello Mike,

The log under C:\Windows\Temp says the following:

5-11-2020 16:28:02 Reg Key Found: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\RebootPending. Reboot required.
5-11-2020 16:28:02 <<WARNING>>: The System has a Pending Reboot.

And then it aborts.

But the reboot it's talking about in this reg key is the Setup from Act!

If I clear the key and launch again my .cmd file, it is the same...

Highlighted

Highlighted

So, I am the only one who tried to package Act! for SCCM ? Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Remy: First off I don't have ANY experience with SCCM so probably can't be of much help. In researching this is looks like it is for large deployments running Windows NT.

I guess my question is - does the core system run Windows 10 Pro or is it ONLY running Windows NT? If you are running on Windows NT I haven't seen an Act! Implementation on NT for years and years and years.

-Bud

Bud Rice
Pleasanton, CA

See Below:
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (Configuration Manager, also known as ConfigMgr or SCCM),[1] formerly System Center Configuration Manager[2] and Systems Management Server (SMS)[3] is a systems management software product developed by Microsoft for managing large groups of computers running Windows NT, Windows Embedded, macOS (OS X), Linux or UNIX, as well as Windows Phone, Symbian, iOS and Android mobile operating systems.[4] Configuration Manager provides remote control, patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, network access protection and hardware and software inventory.