Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act v20 - 11th October release date

Copper Contributor

Act v20 - 11th October release date

I see Act v20 is going to be released on the 11th October.

Can anyone confirm that the issues with Outlook will be fixed in this version?

What guarantees do we have that all the issues have been fixed or will this be another version of Act that’s unfit for purpose?

Re: Act v20 - 11th October release date

Hi Sitt1965,

We have not published any release information of yet, but it can be expected early next week.

Would you be able to advise on the issue you are presently experiencing?

Copper Contributor

Mailmerge issues same as everyone else.
All my issues are in my posts, I’ve complained plenty....

Are you referring to the issues to the mail merge image issue?

I sadly do not have information on the subject of v20 at this time, from: Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments my colleague has mentioned about it being in the pipeline for the future.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Dan, I’m just concerned that Swiftpage will expect all user of Act v18/19 that have been having major problems with the integration of Act with Outlook to pay for an upgrade to Act v20 when Swiftpage can’t clearly fix their current versions of Act. All advertising clearly states that Act works with Office 2016/365 more specially Outlook but this is clearly not the case!
I have lost countless hours trying to rectify my issues yet I still don’t have a fully functioning product which is clearly opposite to what Swiftpage claim! This product is clearly not fit for purpose and in my opinion falsely claims it works with MS Office

I fully agree with "I Heart Act's" post.

[ Edited ]

I understand the concerns that you have and with the points raised, I would like to assure that these issues are being looked into and we are finding new troubleshooting to be able to carry out and resolve the issues our customers experiencing.

In some cases it can take some time to resolve either by discovering the problematic file(s) or an update that needs to be created and applied.

Office integration is a great part of the Act! experience, although recently we had to change the way we maintain compatibly with Office due to the changes in Microsoft's update cycle. 

I would like to stress that this is not the case in all environments. some users may experience one problem and the next do not, even with the same builds of Act!, Windows, and Office.

While I would love to provide some time-frame that all of these issues would be resolved, it sadly is not something I am able to provide. However we will work towards finding solutions.

Dan, thanks for the update. I think our point is that Swift advertises that it works, when in reality, it doesn't. If they would have told us up front that there are issues integrating with Outlook, then, we might not have felt like we were mislead.

Is v 20 going to be an update or will we have to pay for the upgrade?