Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act v16 Office 2013 errors

Act v16 Office 2013 errors

[ Edited ]

Having issues getting Word 2013 and Act v16 to cooperate.  Brand new clean install of Windows 8.1, Office 2013.  We did install Act 2011 first, then when we upgraded to 2013, still had problems, upgraded to v16.  We have a lot working, more than we did with 2011, but trying to use Word 2013 for templates and merging has been one problem after the next.  For example, when we try to edit a template we will get this error.

Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80010001 Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))

That is today

Yesterday, we would get just an RPC SERVER error, that would happen on various templates (these are .adt files).  Some would work fine, others would generated the error. 

The errors will then produce 3-4 Word Processes that I would have to close using Task Manager, then restart ACT.  Then sometimes I have to restart the computer or I just keeping getting various RPC errors.

So what have I done to troubleshoot.

No Firewall

Disabled Anti-Virus

Gone into the trust settings in Word, turned off protected view, added template folder to trusted location, turned off Macro protection

Disabled UAC, including the registry

Detect and Repair the database

When I upgraded to v16 I removed all of the old folders pointing to ACT (after uninstalling 2013)

Also having issues when trying to edit and save the template files (.adt) it will keep trying to edit the normal.dotm template which gets word even more screwed up, I will have to go rename he normal.dotm template to fix the problem.

ACT says it works with 2013.  It doesn't feel that way, if you switch to ACT word processor it's fine but that is not what we need.

Problem :The Act Scheduler service won't start, it's set to Automatic but is generating an error, do I need this or should I disable it?

Please Help

Update 8/2/2014 -  After doing a repair of Office and uninstalling AVAST i open ACT, went to WRITE, other Document from Template, went to a .adt file and tried to open i got this error

---------------------------
ACT!
Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))
OK   

Very Frustrating, Any Help Please

Re: Act v16 Office 2013 errors

This worked for me, I was getting the exact same errors....

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36939/kw/36939

Additionally, the intergration between Act16 and Microsoft Office 2013 is horrible!

About every two days I notice I have to re-establish Microsoft Outlook at the email editor of choice which means I have several emails that weren't attached to the contacts history. This has nothing to do with your current problem but be aware you will likely have on going issues.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Act v16 Office 2013 errors

I had a client getting the same thing and this worked.  Thank you!  Although it did prevent the Act! AddIns from loading.  We found in that case that the thing to do was to leave the LoadBehavior at 9 for ACT7.OfficeAddIn but change it back to 3 for ActOffice2007Addin.Connect.

-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech Consulting Group, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants - Diamond Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com