Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act update - Act Pro 2012

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act update - Act Pro 2012

I just backed up the database and ran the 2012 update that was avaiable today. The installer reported a gerenic Fatal Error during install and has left Act Pro 2012 unusable. The application will not launch and I reported the error. Be careful with the 2012 update!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tstumpf
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Act update - Act Pro 2012

Tstumpf,

We're sorry to hear that the update has failed to install, and that it has left ACT! unsuable.  Here are steps for resolving this situation:

1. Run Act!Uninstaller utility to remove the old installation.  Instructions and download available in this article: KB Article 19338

2. If running Vista or Windows 7, disable UAC.  Instructions available in these articles:

Vista: KB Article 20220

Windows 7: KB Article 25665

3. Reboot computer

4. Install Sage ACT! Pro 2012 with full installation files containing the Service Pack 1 update.  I have sent you a link to the full installation files, please see your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Now it will not uninstall either.

Feature Transfer Error

Error 1603...

then the installer closes leaving Act unusable...

Solution
Accepted by topic author tstumpf
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Tstumpf,

We're sorry to hear that the update has failed to install, and that it has left ACT! unsuable.  Here are steps for resolving this situation:

1. Run Act!Uninstaller utility to remove the old installation.  Instructions and download available in this article: KB Article 19338

2. If running Vista or Windows 7, disable UAC.  Instructions available in these articles:

Vista: KB Article 20220

Windows 7: KB Article 25665

3. Reboot computer

4. Install Sage ACT! Pro 2012 with full installation files containing the Service Pack 1 update.  I have sent you a link to the full installation files, please see your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage

Uninstaller did the trick, the new complete install yielded the same error as the SP1 patch. I narrowed the issue down to permissions on the existing ACT folder.

I ended up rerunning the uninstaller, and installing ACT to a new folder and then restoring the database after a lot of trial and error.

Thanks for the help in getting me back up and running!

Glad to know you are back up and running!

Also, Thank You! for posting your results and steps to resolve.

Greg Martin
Sage

I just reran the original SP1 package on the fresh install and it installed without issue, so it was a permissions issue on the original installation Windows folder. Now to run a fresh backup! Smiley Wink