Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act to Outlook Calendar Integration for recurring activities.

Loyal Listener

Act to Outlook Calendar Integration for recurring activities.

I am using ACT2009 Contact Management and can copy activities from ACT to Outlook 2007 no problem but it does not move or copy the Recurring Activity Dates. Does anyone no if it can be done, How to do it. I have tried but don't see any way to get it to copy the recurring dates as well.

Thanks,

Glen

Re: Act to Outlook Calendar Integration for recurring activities.

Reoccurring activities should copy to the Outlook Calendar and vice versa.  Try doing the same steps within the demo database to see if you get the same results.
Loyal Listener

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I just finished trying to create in the Demo Database an activity with recurring activities. I did after playing with it a bit get it to work But with a glitch.

If I select it to run daily with an end date 2 weeks later it will show all but the last 2 days. example show from May 13/09 to May 29/09 it will stop at May27/09.

But when I select it to run every week on Mon., Wed., and Friday. it does not show any of the recurrence dates at all.

Again many thanks to your taking the time to reply.

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear from you.

Glen

Glen,

I am able to get the same results when copying daily reoccurring activities to the calendar.  I will report it as an issue for further research.  As for weekly reoccurring activities on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, these copy over without an issue.  Do you only experience an issue when copying reoccurring activities?

Loyal Listener

Hi David,

Yes, I only have this recurring issue when I do recurring activities selecting Mon, Wed. Friday on one week and Tues. and Thurs. the next week.

Regular activities work properly and when I enter the info for a recurring activity it looks like it is going through all the steps but once I press enter to activate it nothing shows in the activities area either on the calendar or in the activities tab.

I went back to my ACT 6.0 which I still have on my computer to test it again from the older version and it works fine, so it is just this version ACT2009 (11.....) which is updated as the latest version which i am using in XP Professional.

Thanks again, and I hope someone can help with this issue because I use it for more than one situation and keeping these activities in my head, well, I know I am going to miss something along the way and it will cause me some grief for sure.

Hope to hear from someone soon and I hope it isn't something that will only get fixed in the next version because I just started at this company and I am sure they are not prepared to purchase a new version for a new employee especially since I am currently the only one using this program.

Buy for now.

Glen