Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act syncs to wrong Outlook Calendar

Copper Contributor

Act syncs to wrong Outlook Calendar

Does anyone know of a way to control which Outlook calendar Act syncs to?  Some of my users have three calendars (a global one, an exchange one and a personal one).  I need Act to sync to everything to the Exchange address book but it appears that only new activities are doing so.  Older activities (ones created in Act prior to adding the exchange calendar) are going to the personal calendar.  Thanks.

Silver Contributor

Re: Act syncs to wrong Outlook Calendar

ACT is going to sync to the current default calendar, there is not a way to change this.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Thanks Jon.  I figured that was the answer but you never know.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Also make sure you keep good backups... when Outlook syncs with Exchange (especially if also to phones), the ItemID sometimes changes and this causes ACT! not to recognise them... it either duplicates the database or, in some cases and wipe the ACT! activities)
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the info Mike.  This is indeed what we are doing (Act syncs to Outlook, Outlook syncs to Exchange which syncs to Blackberry via BES server).  So far it's worked great but the first time a user duplicates (or deletes) his database, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth...

Are there any particular circumstances or setups that increase the likelyhood of duplicates/deletions in your experience?

Platinum Elite Contributor

It can be fine for ages and then something changes in the profile and bam!

It's one reason I always recommend using Handheld contact for Blackberry users.... it also has the advantage of linking activities, notes/histories to their contacts and being able to record histories for calls/sms/emails sent from the phone

See: http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/05/getting-act-on-your-phone.html