Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! synchronization

Act! synchronization

Hello.

We had a ACT-2008. To purchase additional licenses you had to update the program to a newer version or 2011.
Also changed the SQL server from 2005 to 2008.
Configuration: each has a database on your computer, plus a program with the main database on the server to synchronize to update the data.
Yes opens the database which went on the previous ACT, but a problem with the synchronization with the server.
When you click the sync now pops up an error:
"You can not get the sync server object. Server Error Description: Could not find main database [\ \ SERVER \ DATABASE] for synchronization."

I checked the path, ports, etc. Apparently the option is to create a new remote database. OK I did, it works.
The problem is this type that the server does not have a current database, ie if someone did a long time synchronization, and it will create a new database is part of the data will have to make from scratch.

Maybe someone had this problem too.

Silver Contributor

Re: Act! synchronization

I may be difficult without seeing it.  But, did you change the main database location on the remotes?  Did you have everone sync before doing the upgrade? if so and if you can make remotes from the master, you may be better off just deploying new remote databases.  

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider