Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act scheduler fails - exe files missing

Copper Contributor

Act scheduler fails - exe files missing

Hi

I just noticed that my act scheduler was no longer running.

Looking in the act binaries directory I found that both act.scheduler.exe and act.scheduler.ui.exe were missing.  I copied these back in from another machine and tried to run the scheduler.  Now I get a message that the service needs to be reinstalled.  Anyone know how to reinstall the scheduler service without reinstalling ACT completely?

I am running act 2010 under XP.

Anyone have any idease as to what would cause the scheduler to disappear?  My scheduler configuration files still exist.

Thanks,

Ken

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================
Bronze Contributor

Re: Act scheduler fails - exe files missing

Ken,

If the files are missing then if you just rerun the install it shoudl resolve although I suspect it may be more than this for them to go missing in the first place.

You could try starting the service from the command line net start "C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Scheduler.exe" but failing this you will probably have to reinstall.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Re: Act scheduler fails - exe files missing

I found installutil.exe under the Windows\Microsoft.net\version directory structure.  Running intallutil.exe with a parameter of directory and executable (in my case "installutil d:\bin\business\act\act for windows\act.scheduler.exe" will install the scheduler service.  From there, running act.scheduler.ui.exe (or running the scheduler from Act itself), brings up the user interface allowing you to configure the scheduler tasks normally.

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================