Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act reinstall and Outlook integration

Act reinstall and Outlook integration

OK this is a recurring issue with Outlook 2007 integration. As soon I send Act calendar to Outlook 2007 which worked untill last week, Outlook crashes. When I upgraded to Act 12 2010, (within thirty days) at customer support an online Act support tech remotely fixed this problem – for a while. Six months or so later happens again but now Sage’s Act  customer support tells me that  “Upon checking the record, it seems that there's no valid support plan or warranty on the account, but don't worry you may go ahead and use one of our online resourcesas an alternative payment plan…”  Being a retiree on fixed income, I decided that I get time but not much of money and I going to reinstall the Act program by myself.  I checked on the KB for the proper uninstall and reinstall on my desktop Windows 7 Pro computer and proceeded to uninstall Act! 12 until I get an error message referring to corrupted install file. So I get the ACT! Uninstaller.exe program from the Act KB site it referred to.  Same error again. I gave up and  reinstalled Act, same error, but successfully  reinstalled the program without the need to update or hot fix which is curious and reinstall remembered my db. too. So now I stuck with the corrupt Act program crashing my outlook 2007 when I go to Outlook calendar.  Is there a way to remove Act completely from my computer without reformatting my hard disk?