Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! "Lookup" function not working

Act! "Lookup" function not working

Have been using Act! for a couple of decades without any major problems. Currently using Act! 2009 on a Windows 7x64 system and now experiencing my first major problem.  Both Act! and my private database open and look normal.  However, Act’s “Lookup” function no longer works and when used, gives an error message: System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageException: Unable to open the store (Exception from HRESULLT: 0x80131460).  The error message is 11-lines long.

This developed after a recent Microsoft Windows 7 upgrade and I doubt if this is the cause.  There have been no other software additions or changes to my system.

How do I resolve this problem?

My system:

- HP HDX 18x Notebook, Intel 2 Core 2.53GHz processor, 4GB DD2 RAM

- Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit

- Act! 2009 (Version 11.0.0.367) with several private databases.

- Microsoft Office 2007

- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition, SP4 (Services.msc shows SQL Server (ACT7) started and automatic)

- Microsoft.NET Framework 4

My troubleshooting:

1. Tried using the ACT11Demo database and a couple of my other private databases and “Lookup” did not work with any of them.
  2. Have used “Act! Community” as well as Googling other sites to find a similar problem and how to resolve it.  None have been found.  Did read the Sage Support Answer IDs: 14539, 19409, 19231, 19386 & 19818.
  3. Did use the Answer ID 14539 procedure and it did not solve the problem.
  4. Did troubleshoot Office 2007, SQL Server 2005, Net Framework 4 and other systems and did not find any problems. 
  5. Used Act Maintenance Tools on the database and found no problems.
  6. Uninstalled and reinstalled Act! 2009 following Sage instructions as well as those who have installed Act! 2009 on a Windows 7x64 system.

Have spent many hours trying to isolate the problem and correct it.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Act! "Lookup" function not working

i've been trying to troubleshoot this for 2 days for a customer - grrr.

no luck yet...  Smiley Sad

-MM
World Famous ACT! Certified Consultant @ www.ActiveSales.net
Tuned Listener

Hello,

We have a customer (ACT 2012) with the same issue. Any luck ?

Stephen

Okay, so when you say the lookup function doesn't work, I want to get some specifics:

Are you using the lookup in the left sidebar?  

What happens if you click on lookup>other fields?

Do advanced queries work?

Does it find nothing, or does the page not refresh?

Does it tell you no results were found?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Tuned Listener

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions :

1. It works when the customer's using the left sidebard
  2. The window that is launched returns the same error everytime (right click on a field, menu lookup (any fields), ...) : 
  3. System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageException: Unable to open the store. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131460)

at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.nOpen(String infoFile, String syncName)

at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.Lock()

at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, IsolatedStorageFile isf)

at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, IsolatedStorageFile isf)

at Act.Shared.Windows.Forms.HistoryComboBox.SelectionHistoryStorage.GetFileStream(IsolatedStorageFile isolatedStorageFile, FileMode fileMode)

at Act.Shared.Windows.Forms.HistoryComboBox.SelectionHistoryStorage.Save(ArrayList saveItems)

at Act.Shared.Windows.Forms.HistoryComboBox.SelectionHistory.Save()

at Act.Shared.Windows.Forms.HistoryComboBox.SelectionHistory.Add(Object item)

at Act.UI.Lookups.LookupByEntityDialog.GetComboValue(HistoryComboBox comboBox)

at Act.UI.Lookups.LookupByEntityDialog.okButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

4. The advanced query works well

[ Edited ]

The solution to this is the following:

1. Create directory under C:\users\username\appdata\local\ called 'IsolatedStorage'. Ensure user logged in has full control to it.

2. If it's already there, remove the subfolder with random characters and relaunch Act.

This also seems to apply to ACT on Terminal Servers as well.