Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act pro v.17.0.151.0 crashing when merging to email

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Act pro v.17.0.151.0 crashing when merging to email

Hi I am using Act 17.0.151.0, Outlook 2013 and Windows 7.

I have recently had a new computer set up and now when I'm using Act, every time I try to merge to email ACT crashes. All the systems are the same, ie Act 17.0.151.0, Outlook 2013 and Windows 7. My licence is up to date. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sevis53
‎03-08-2017 06:25 AM
Administrator

Re: Act pro v.17.0.151.0 crashing when merging to email

Hi Trina,

When you perform a mail merge to a single contact, Outlook will open the email message and you'll need to manually click send. This normal behaviour.
When sending to multiple contacts, the emails should send automatically without opening any messages.

When it comes to mixed version Office applications (i.e. Outlook 2013 installed when the rest of the Office suite is 2016) this is not recommended and is likely to cause issues with Act!. We always recommend that every application installed in the Office suite be of the same version.
In your case it's worth noting that Office 2016 is not supported with Act v17. You can find full compatibility listings here: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Sevis53,

Here's a couple of things you could try:

1. Ensure the contacts you are including in your mail merge lookup all have valid email addresses, and exclude any that don't have an email address recorded.
  2. Run both Act! and Outlook as Administrator in Windows.
  3. Upgrade your installation of Act! v17.0 to the latest available version (v17.2 update 3). You can find the links to update in the Download Centre. Look for v17 SP2 Update and Act! 17.2 Update 3 and install them in that order.

If these suggestions don't solve the issue, then please answer the following questions:

1. How many contacts are you trying to mail merge? Does the issue occur when mail merging 5 contacts?
  2. Please let us know exactly when the crash is occurring. Give us the steps you're taking just before the crash happens.
  3. What exactly happens when the crash occurs?
  4. Do you see any error messages when the crash happens?

[ Edited ]

Hi thanks for this. The system no longer crashes. Now it opens the email in Outlook for me to send rather than just pushing the emails through automatically. Sorry should also say that since my original post I have discovered that I now have Office 2016 rather than Office 2013 as I had previously. Still Outlook 2013 and still Windows 7.

Thanks

Trina

Solution
Accepted by topic author Sevis53
‎03-08-2017 06:25 AM
Administrator

Hi Trina,

When you perform a mail merge to a single contact, Outlook will open the email message and you'll need to manually click send. This normal behaviour.
When sending to multiple contacts, the emails should send automatically without opening any messages.

When it comes to mixed version Office applications (i.e. Outlook 2013 installed when the rest of the Office suite is 2016) this is not recommended and is likely to cause issues with Act!. We always recommend that every application installed in the Office suite be of the same version.
In your case it's worth noting that Office 2016 is not supported with Act v17. You can find full compatibility listings here: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767

Thanks very much Gary. Looks as if the problem is solved. I was just trying to send one as a test but I've now sent it to two recipients and it seems to have worked. Thanks again.