Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act pro V 16.2.14.0, Word, Outlook 2013 Mail Merge Crash

Act pro V 16.2.14.0, Word, Outlook 2013 Mail Merge Crash

So I've been dealing with this issue as it seams everyone that owns act does. When I email mail merge with a word template and going through outlook crashs. It usally sends about 4-10 before each crash. it seams like the problem in the Act Addin. I've gone through all the forums tried all the different solutions fromhotfix, uninstalling to changing the registry (Wich I hate doing) and nothing seams to work.

I called act support and we went over all the details and he said I cant help unless you pay. Well if from what I see in this forum is correct everyone is having this problem not just me. WHY Would you not fix this ACt.

Just some background I have been working on act for over yrs. so I know all the problems that go into this program however if it ever gets dialed in and you dont allow any updates from any programs its great. Unless you hack because you cant update anything.

If some one else has a suggestion on how to get the email mail merge working I would appreciate it.

Re: Act pro V 16.2.14.0, Word, Outlook 2013 Mail Merge Crash

I use to have problems with mail merges cause ACT was installed before Office was, but after uninstalling ACT and reinstalling it works fine. Good luck

Did you ever find a solution? Ive tried everything and cant get it to work. Thinking about moving over to a more stable system

yes it works now that ACT was installed after Office. Now having problems with creating templates and saving them as .adt files. 

Silver Super Contributor

Put quotation marks around the name of the file and you'll be able to save it.  One of these days I'll find the fix gain and post it.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Silver Super Contributor

Now that I think about it I think Roy posted the fix in another thread.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Platinum Elite Contributor

I've run across this several times recently and it was the ACT! macros being disabled in Word. Seems like Word doesn't like the ACT! upgrade or service pack installs and disables the ACT! macros.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Any idea on how to fix that issue?

Platinum Elite Contributor

In Word, you simply turn the ACT! macros back on, it's part of their options.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129