Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act not Syncing with incoming Outlook Emails. Also erased Calendar History

Act not Syncing with incoming Outlook Emails. Also erased Calendar History

- I am using Act! Pro Version 16.1.207.0, Hot Fix 1

- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

- Shared Database

- Windows 8.1

The begining of this week, when I came into work, I started ACT and noticed that my calendar was blank. My Act calendar is linked to my Boss' so we are able to see each other's apts. However, neither of us had any scheduled apts in our Act calendars. We did have clients who were in our calendars when we left the office on Monday. Neither one of us can figure out what happend. (we are the only two in the office.)

I then noticed that all of our outgoing emails are being synced into Act, but none of our Incoming. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Act not Syncing with incoming Outlook Emails. Also erased Calendar History

Hi,

are you sycronising your activitys to Outlook or Google?

inbound emails are not auto attached, you need to attach them manualy, if you want them to be attached without user interaction, you need an addon like our service-it.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

We are syncing through Outlook. Is it not able to sync through Outlook and Google simultaneously?

It was syncing our Outgoing mail before, and we didn't have that service, so why would it stop now?

Thank you.

Copper Elite Contributor

We strongly recomend to disable syncing with outlook or google, as things like this will happen... we do not know why, but sometimes in rare cases they happen. swiftpage is, as i know investigating this.

If the reason for syncing with outlook is to get the data on your smartphone, we strongly recomend a solution like Handheldcontact.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

The reason we have been Syncing is to have the history available for each client. 

Do you have any idea why the calendar deleted itself? We don't have that set up to sync with any other calendar.

Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi,

as soon you enable Outlooksync, the chance of dataloss is there. you may want to consider to book an ACC who can help you with your Setup, as it sounds that there are some things in the setup that should be changed. Most ACC (Act Consultance) offer Remote Support, so you can start booking a few hours, and then you can be sure that your setup made in a right way, so you should not loose any data.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

We purchased a new computer a few months ago, and when we did the setup with Act we had so many issues that we did have Act Support remote in and set everything up for us, including the Sync with Outlook. Which is why I can't understand why it's no longer working.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi,

as stated before, as soon you enable the outlook sync, you will face the loss of data. (or duplication)  i am an ACC since 1995, (so allmost 20 years) and this is a problem that we face a long time, sage did not care, Swiftpage is now at least aware of this problem, but it is still under investigation. This problem can happen after a day, or a few weeks, or a few month... till then it will work like a charm.

i am hoping that they will find a solution fast, till then the only usefull recomendation is, disable outlook Sync

i can not say what the ACT support did, and how good the supporter was trained, and if he was aware of this problem. (probably not)

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

It's disappointing to hear, but I really appreciate your advice. And thank you very much for all of your time in explaining this to me.

Smiley Tongue

Silver Super Contributor

I did a little research a long time ago and the reason for most of the duplicates was because the phone number was used for duplicate matching and there are things that can be done that will change the format a phone number is stored in within the Outlook application.  So when ACT! attempts to sync it sees a different contact because the phone numbers don't match.  If the phone numbers were always stored in a standardized format that would probably fix it.  I think what usually caused the change was synching from Outlook to a handheld.  When you started synching Outlook standardized and then the phone numbers didn't match.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!