Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act is using MS Word to open web sites from web field

Act is using MS Word to open web sites from web field

Re: Act is using MS Word to open web sites from web field

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Ron,

We have see this once before and it had to do with a Google Chrome installation corrupting some registry values. Please see the following Community post for the solution to that worked for the poster:

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Hyperlink-opening-in-Word-not-web-browser/m-p/120462#M44889

Also, in the 2 posts you made, only the subject line is displaying and not the details of the post. This may be due to you using Internet Explorer 9 as your web browser, which is not yet fully supported by this Community. If so, please put IE9 into IE8 Compatability view or try using another browser.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

You are right on both comments - it was a Google Earth install that added Chrome too & yes, I am using ie 9 - everything is now functioning as before

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Good to hear...I can actually see your comments now. To help us address this issue going forward, can you please tell me what version of ACT! you are using and what operating system your computer has?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1
English (United States)

Windows 7