Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act is causing poor performance in outlook.

Act is causing poor performance in outlook.

Hello,

I keep gettng this error message with ACT! i've struggled with getting outlook to perform correctly.   I have ran the batch file from microsoft to rollback to a previous build of outlook 2016.   Can someone help me please?   This is causing lots of panic with a customer who no longer wishes to proceed with using act at this point.

ProgID: ACTOutlookAddIn.Connect
GUID: {764902B9-26D2-4FD7-978D-DF5107717D01}
Name: ACT! Outlook AddIn
Description: ACT! Outlook AddIn
Load Behavior: 3
HKLM: 1
Threshold Time (Milliseconds): 1000
Time Taken (Milliseconds): 6755
Disable Reason: This add-in caused Outlook to start slowly.
Policy Exception (Allow List): 0

Administrator

Re: Act is causing poor performance in outlook.

Hi jbaber1212,

If the message you are seeing is telling you that Outlook has disabled the addon because it caused Outlook to start slowly, then the add-in can be re-enabled by following the steps in this Knowledgebase article under the heading: Outlook disabled the add-in.

The time this add-in takes to load is usually due to the size and number of contacts in the database.

To try and speed things up, you can run a Check and Repair from the Tools > Database Maintenance menu.

In regards to the other Outlook integration issues requiring an Office downgrade, a new solution to these issues has been found which no longer requires the downgrade. Please check the updated information in this Knowledgebase article for more info.

Thank you.   So i'm at another catch 22.   My customer uses the search feature in outlook.  i installed 

KB4022168 to fix the broken issue with outlook.  Now the ACT addin crashed once again and i cannot attach emails to act.   Can you give me any insight on this?

Bronze Super Contributor

jbaber1212 - You might like to replace the Act! supplied integration with Outlook and use Act4Outlook from www.keystroke.ca.

Go to https://keystroke.ca/act4-products/act4outlook for a 14-day trial.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Administrator

Hi jbaber1212,

We have now published a new update for Act! that removes the need to rollback the Outlook version. I would suggest you download this from the information in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38803
Please reboot your PC after the update installation, then run though the Email System Setup wizard from Tools > Preferences again.