Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act integration error

Administrator

Re: Act integration error

Hi Alan,

I'll be posting another message in this thread (and others) when we release an update that restores compatibility with latest builds of Outlook. You should be receiving email notifications for updates in this thread already, so you'll be notified that way.

Gary....we have updated all our PC's to the new Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 2.    We also turned updates back ON in Outlook (which was a bit tedious as it required we reinstall Office 365).   We did this on 2 PC's in the office.   We left one PC with the downgraded version of Outlook.   So not good news.   We now have the two PC's operating with the most current version of Outlook now experiencing the same problems we had before....Act! blows up when we do a email message with Outlook.   

Alan

Administrator

Hi Alan,

Please could you confirm what exactly is happening with Act! now that you've updated Office again? Let us know about any error messages that you're seeing.

Gary here is what we see happening:

-Write/Email Message (from template)

-Merging Records

-Merging Contact 1 of 1

-Error Message:    Act! has stopped working.     I attached a file of the error message.   

Running Build 8229.2073 of Office 365 Outlook

Happening on both computers that were working fine on downgraded Outlook (16.0.4229.1024) but upgrade to new version of Act! and started updates.  Third computer is still running 4229 and is operating fine.

Alan

Administrator

Thanks Alan,

Could you please check in Windows Event Viewer, under Windows Logs > Application, and look for any errors around the time the "Act! has stopped working" error occurred. Please take a screenshot of any and post them here.

OK...here is the file.   I see where this error occurred a number of times during the day.

Notice the error mentions 'ACT2017Demo'.    This is not the database that we are using.   

Administrator

Thanks Alan,

I think this might be a separate issue to the crash you're seeing when mail merging.

To understand what might be causing this error, please could you run Actdiag on the PC, then click on Databases > Database Details List. What is the status of 'ACT2017Demo'?

For the mail merge error, do you see any other different errors occurring in event viewer at the same time where you attempt to perform a mail merge in Act! and receive the "Act! has stopped working" error message? Try doing it again to capture the error in event viewer.

Gary,

The Actdiag shows ACT2017Demo is Online.   I attached a screen shot.

I ran ACT again and saw two errors I had not seen before.   I attached both with a PDF of the details.

Thanks for looking into this!

Alan

I attached 5 files but not sure they all came through?

Administrator

Hi Alan,

I can see all of your attachments just fine.

For the issue of Act! crashing when performing a mail merge, I believe this will require some further investigation and troubleshooting from our support team. For this, I'd suggest giving us a call so that we can do this directly on your PC. We can be reached on 866 873 2006.

As for the screenshot of Actdiag, I see that ACT2017Demo is the only database listed. As you've told me this isn't the database that you're using, I'm assuming the database you are using is shared across the network. If you aren't using the ACT2017Demo database, and have no important data in it, you can safely delete it from Actdiag by right clicking it and selecting delete database. This will stop the "Login failed for user 'sa'" errors you are also seeing in Event Viewer.