Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act integration error

Re: Act integration error

Ok thanks Gary.   I will check with support.    I imagine the other way I can solve is to go back to the downgrade of Outlook.

Could the problem be that we installed a new version of Outlook on top of ACT?   That was what was required to update from the downgraded 4229 build we installed to fix the problem a few weeks ago.   

I deleted the demo database.   

Administrator

Hi Alan,

I wouldn't have expected that to be an issue, however a reinstall of Act! would be useful for troubleshooting purposes. Would be interesting to see if that has any effect on the issue.

Reinstalling Act! did not solve the problem.   Guess we have to face your tech service group....

Gary,

We contacted tech support.   They fixed one PC...the one that reinstalled Act.    My PC was not able to be fixed.  The newest update of Outlook (8229.2073) is causing the problem.  The solution is to go back to KB http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580  or wait until they get another fix they can send out.   I do not want to turn off updates to Outlook so I will wait until there is a fix.  

May be that to fix the PC you need to reinstall Act....

Alan

[ Edited ]

Fixed everything by uninstalling Act! and then Office rebooting then installing Office and then Act!   Rebooted and everything worked.  No email problems. Running Outlook v 1705 8201.2102.   

Alan

[ Edited ]

Gary,

Wanted to give you an update.    Everything was good until the new version of Outlook came out.   Version 1706 Build 8229.2103 is now my current version.   It caused the same problem with Act! stopping when I ran "Write/Email Message (from Template).  This occurred a few days ago.    I installed the new update today.  Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3.    After reboot I ran Act! and again ran into the same problem with Act stopping.   One of the other people in our office has found a work around that works for me also to solve the problem.

Work Around

Run "Write/Email Message" first.  

then if you run "Write/Email Message (from Template) it works.

No idea why but it does....

Alan

Administrator

Thanks for the update Alan.
We're also aware of the issues emerging after the further updates to Office, and working on finding solutions as a priority.