Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act integration error

Administrator

Re: Act integration error

Thanks for providing this (your message got marked as spam).

Clicking on the particular error message that was recorded at the time when the error occurred should present you with some further
details on the error. These would be useful for further investigation.
When you are installing Windows, are you doing it from a standard copy of Windows, or from a pre-configured image?
Copper Contributor

Downloaded from the internet using the Windows tool that creates the USB install

Copper Contributor

Event viewer from this morning when the error appeared (2x error reported, showing both general and detail view)

Faulting application name: Act!.Integration.exe, version: 19.2.146.0, time stamp: 0x592746b8
Faulting module name: mso20win32client.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x592b74ee
Exception code: 0x00618657
Fault offset: 0x00129581
Faulting process ID: 0x34ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e4ddc4dc15f4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.Integration.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office16\mso20win32client.dll
Report ID: 91ef90f0-c870-4afa-8823-866036888f53
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Act!.Integration.exe
   592746b8
   mso20win32client.dll
   592b74ee
   34ac
   01d2e4ddc4dc15f4
   C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.Integration.exe
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office16\mso20win32client.dll
   91ef90f0-c870-4afa-8823-866036888f53

Application: Act!.Integration.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code 618657, exception address 54459581

Application: Act!.Integration.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code 618657, exception address 54459581
Administrator

Thank you for getting this detail.

The issue appears to be with the mso20win32client.dll file. Microsoft have introduced an error relating to this file in the most recent updates to Office. This is affecting multiple software applications, and we have created the following Knowledgebase article to revert the version of Office back to an unaffected version as per their suggested steps:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580

Please can you try the suggested steps in the article? We can continue troubleshooting the other issues after this is done.
Copper Contributor

That KB relates to office 365 subscription I have office pro on the machine that is getting the error.
Administrator

The issue and steps within the article are not exclusive to Office 365, and also affect Outlook 2016 obtained outside of a subscription.
Please follow the steps under the heading "Resolving the issue in retail versions of Outlook 2016".
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your suggestion didnt work Gary.

Under the first option I don't have the from 16.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\common\OfficeUpdate

I followed the second option and dowloaded the Easy Fix from Microsoft, ran the file then Office updated itself and then I rebooted only to be greeted with the Act.Integration error once more

Administrator

What is the version of Office you now have installed? Is it one of identified working versions listed in the KB?

I would expect the registry key to already exist, although you could try creating it and setting it as suggested if it doesnt.
Copper Contributor

I have listed which office I have on the first page.
Gary, thanks for your help but to be honest with you I'm over this now! I've wasted far too much time trying to get this to work
Administrator

The purpose of the steps in the KB is to change the version of Office you have installed to one of the known working versions. Previously you posted you had 16.0.8201 installed. Following the instructions I indicated should take you to 16.0.4229 which is reported to solve the issue with mso20win32client.dll. This is why I asked which version has now been installed, to see if the steps were successful.

If you have a support contract or subscription, we'd be happy to give you remote support over the phone where we can perform troubleshooting and take actions more efficiently. Please give us a call on 03 9111 0500 if you'd like to do this.