Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act icons missing in Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
SMC
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act icons missing in Outlook

I recently upgraded from Act 2009 to 2011.  I use Outlook 2007 and noticed that I no longer have the buttons for Create Act Contct, Creact Act Activty, etc.  I found Answer ID 23022 and tried to follow it.  In the section Act! Extentions, I tried to follow these steps:

1. Open Outlook
  2. Click Tools then Trust Center.
  3. Click Add-Ins on the left.
  4. Make sure ACT! Outlook add-in is in the list of active application add-ins.
  5. If not, then go down to the Manage dropdown at the bottom of the screen, choose COM Add-Ins and click Go.
  6. Make sure that ACT! Outlook add-in is selected. click OK.
  7. Repeat steps 2 & 3 to reopen the privacy options screen.
  8. Go back down to the Manage dropdown, change to Exchange Client Extensions and click go.
  9. Make sure that Redemption Outlook Helper Extension is selected. click OK.
  10. Restart Outlook and test

11. But on step 9, Redemption Outlook Helper Extension does not appear on the list.  Any suggestions?
Steve Collins
IQ Accounting Solutions LLC
Peachtree Certified Consultant

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author SMC
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
SMC
Copper Contributor

Re: Act icons missing in Outlook

Thought I would post this in case it might help someone else.  The answer turned out to be HotFix 2. After I installed it, the icons and Addin tab came back.  All appears to be working again.

I don't understand why other products autmatically noticy me when there are updates available.  But when I ask Act! to check for updates, it ignores important updates like this and tells me that I already have the latest version.  Couldn't it at least tell me it is out there and give me the option of installing it?

Steve Collins

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author SMC
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
SMC
Copper Contributor

Thought I would post this in case it might help someone else.  The answer turned out to be HotFix 2. After I installed it, the icons and Addin tab came back.  All appears to be working again.

I don't understand why other products autmatically noticy me when there are updates available.  But when I ask Act! to check for updates, it ignores important updates like this and tells me that I already have the latest version.  Couldn't it at least tell me it is out there and give me the option of installing it?

Steve Collins
Copper Contributor

I am also having similar problem.

Followed all above & did Act re-install

Using 2009 - Hot fix 4

Act add-in is inactive

there is a message about problem with mscoree.dll

Tom David Moxam