Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act history tab not showing the correct contact / not refreshing

Re: Act history tab not showing the correct contact / not refreshing

I'm having the same issue.  It's extremely frustrating to keep finding all these little bugs in this version.  My history seems to be "copying" from one contact to the next.  When I run a Contact Report (PDF), it doesn't show up..but it's clearly in the History tab when I look under different contacts.  Come on guys...

Copper Contributor

Final update: Well there you go.  I finally got around to upgrading to windows 7 64bit and upgraded to 8 megs of ram.  With a fresh install, I've got plenty of resources.  The computer is much faster, but the Act history display issues persist.  If I close out of act and restart it when the histories issue presents itself, it seems to fix the issue.  I'm starting to believe it's a software resource management issue on ACT's end.  It take a while to manifest, but even when it does, ACT remains speedy now where it used to get slow and fussy. Long story short, the upgrade helped but did not fix it.  Good luck to everyone. 

Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for the update.

If you're reading this and you have the same issue, just post up to ensure Sage know how many people are affected by this.

I posted a seperate article on this problem that I'm having and it sounds a bit like what everyone else here is experiencing. I do a lookup on a company name and when it brings up the list of companies the first one is almost always wiped out or deleted. When I try to go to that company I get a message from ACT that says something about restoring the All Lookup function proceed yes or no. No matter which one I click on (yes, or no), the company field is wiped out and ACT puts me into the next company field. I then have to do the View All lookup and find that company's person (usually at the top of the page because that's where all the blank Company fields are) and then retype back in the company name again. Sometimes it takes, sometimes it doesn't.Getting kinda tiring having to go put back in contact information!

ACT 2009 Ver. 11.1.183.0 Hotfix 1

Windows Vista 64 bit

2 GB ram

220 GB hard drive

Dell Duo Core 2 XPS M1530 Media laptop

Platinum Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Petict,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Unfortunately your response does not show.  We have seen this issue when Internet Explorer 9 is being used.  Please repost your response, if IE9 was used - be sure to click on the 'Compatibility View' icon (to the right of the web address field).

If that is not successful, do you have another Browser to use (ex: Firefox, Chrome)?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

I am having this same issue but my problems is with the attached documents tab. I am working with ACT Premium 2011.

Prior to this, our entire office was having this issue with the History tab when doing a group search. We updated to the latest SP and Hotfix and that corrected the issue.

Now only I am having the issue with the attachments and the updates didn't help. My problem occurs when I switch to a different layout. Even if I switch to the previous layout I still have the issue.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Are there lots of histories?

Wait on that screen for 2 minutes (the most I'm willing to wait for anything). Does it eventually populate?

[ Edited ]

Got exactly the same problem, happens almost everytime I do a contact search and then it gets stuck displaying the wrong contacts records. The WORST thing is when you are doing database management and deleting records, as a record can show up as having no email history when infact it has loads. I can't believe this problem hasn't been fixed from 2011??

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

This has been fixed in one of the latter hotfixes for V2011.  I'm guessing you're not running SP1 Hotfix 6?

Note: I see you're from the UK, so that's why I included these links.  Anyone not from the UK will need to find the patches for their country version.

If not, you can download the whole Act program including service pack 1, if you need it here.  If you do, uninstall the existing version first:

download.act.com/actpartners/downloads/2011/SP1/ACT_Pro_2011_SP1_HF1.exe

Register on this website and then look for: Sage ACT! 2011 SP1 Hotfix 6 and download it.  If you already have SP1, you just need to install this:

https://support.sage.co.uk/default.aspx?page=25

In About Act, you should end up at: Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 6

Make sure you save these links ready for the next time Act randomly screws up!

Give me a shout if you need more help.