11-04-2010 08:58 AM - edited 11-04-2010 10:11 AM
When we view a new contact in Act, the history for the same contact is shown as we cycle through the contacts.
This happened on my PC and my telemarketer is reporting the same thing.
We haven't been able to fully narrow when it does or does not happen but we do know it happens occasionally when doing the following:
As soon as it happens once, the problem continues until Act is closed down and restarted.
Has anyone else come across this issue?
Can anyone offer any advice?
11-09-2010 10:20 AM
This sounds like a SQL data refesh issue. If you press F5 on your keyboard, does the correct data appear?
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
11-15-2010 08:47 AM - edited 11-15-2010 08:56 AM
Been out the office recently and have only just got the error again.
No, refreshing (View > Refresh) does not update the tab.
Edit: I have a lookup of 10 contacts and am working through them using the next/previous button. Having moved to the next contact and click "Record History", the name/company in the dialogue box is the 1st contact in the lookup i.e. the same contact's history that is being showed incorrectly on the History tab.
Any more advice?
11-22-2010 08:39 AM
I've just carried out a lookup that matched 4 contacts. I clicked on the 3rd one down and it displayed the history for the 1st contact.
So even though I have not viewed the history for the 1st contact, it still displays the history for the 1st contact.
Any help would be gratefully received.
11-22-2010 02:39 PM
I've had this same thing happen to me several times. Haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what is triggering it, but it usually involves me working with a lookup of some kind. Would be thankful for a resolution, as the only way I've been able to fix it is to close down the program and re-open it.
11-30-2010 08:09 AM
I have the same issue. F5 does not cure the problem. The check and repair database function does not work either. Only exiting and logging back in resolve the problem. The process described by drmiller is what I am experiencing. When I don't use group lookups, no problem.
The first time I use the group lookup I do not have an issue with that group. The second group lookup performed tends to display the history for the first contact only. The third lookup always results in the issue.
Any help would be appreciated.
12-01-2010 03:27 AM - edited 12-01-2010 03:29 AM
I'm really glad its not just me.
If anyone else is getting this problem, please post because it will help to encourage Sage to look into it.
In order for Sage to fix it, they need to re-create the issue so if you see the error, try to write down everything you did in that session, in the order you did it (hard I know), then see if you can re-create it after closing and re-opening Act. If we all do this, hopefully one of us will find what it is.
Or even if you can just narrow it down (e.g. to just groups), it will all help.
01-24-2011 05:35 AM
Were you ever able to fix this problem? I am having the same issue and it's very troublesome and time consuming. Would restoring the DB help?
01-26-2011 09:05 AM
I haven't see this issue for a good couple of months. But then again, I haven't been creating that many lookups from groups in that period either so I cannot be completely sure the issue no longer exists.
I was waiting for my telelmarketer to let me know if she still gets this issue, but she is not back until tomorrow so I'll update again when I hear from her.
I would take a complete guess and say a restore would not help.
If you are getting it regularly, and know the steps to reproduce, do post here on what they are.
Also, try to reproduce the error in the Act demo database. If you can, you can be sure its not a database-specific issue.
Hopefully ghollister will see this thread and perhaps shed some more light on the subject.
01-26-2011 10:50 AM
Thanks for getting back so quick.
I'm a heavy user of ACT!. It's open all day and I'm always using the Outlook Addin to add new contacts/histories to my DB. I also have the rules set up to log sent and incomming outlook emails.
I did a check- repair DB and started my own policy of rebooting each morning. So far I can't replicate the issue, but it's only a matter of time...usually. Oh, I also cleaned out history queue for the "attach to ACT! contact progress." It looked like some records were caught up in an attach loop and messing with things.
Nonetheless, As soon as it happens, I'll post up here. I'm hopeful and yet doubtful that it won't reoccur.