Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! for Real Estate

Act! for Real Estate

I was wondering if anyone out there is using Act! for Real Estate, and if so, if they could tell me how they like it, and how it stacks up againstTop Producer.  The thing I've loved about TP is its ability to let me track listing and closings.  If a closing date changes, I can easily change closing activities to match the new date.  What I'm less thrilled with is the $40/month that I have to pay!  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated as I have not been able to find any reviews from consumers on the web.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Act! for Real Estate

I have used earlier versions of Act for approximately 12 years.   After returning to residential real estate earlier this year, I evaluated Top Producer, Office Agent, and Mark-It Advantage.  While my firm strongly suggests Top Producer, its web based programming was annoying as it required me to hooked to the internet to have access to my database.  This was a problem as I am in new home subdivisions frequently which may not have internet access.  Like you the ongoing fee just did not work for me.

Mark-It had several great attributes, but as a heavy user of Word transactions, I thought its Word processing program was lacking and I did not want to learn another word package.  If Mark it would have had total integration with Word, I may have gone with it.   Office Agent had better word processing integration (you could use Word), but its email was lacking for my style.  Either package was good.

I ultimately chose Act Real Estate due to the lower learning curve for me.    I am not using all of the benefits of Act yet; as l have concentrated on the areas of most importance first (ie contact and communication with prospects).   Except for a few Microsoft upgrades which attempted unsuccessfully to upgrade something called SQL 2005 used by Act, I have not had any conflicts between Act with MLS or other software that I use regularly.   I like Acts reliability.

Acts mail merge for email has been flawless for me.  The ability to create my own action plans is similarly worth it.  Likewise, being able to classify a contact under several different id classifications is a big help.  I added a "drop down" field that I labeled "Preferred Communication".  It has 3 classes for contacts (ie email, letter, and phone).  This helps me on my monthly contact method of sending regular communication to my data base.