Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act for Palm OS locking up Palm

Act for Palm OS locking up Palm

I'm using Act for Palm OS 2.0.2.169 with a Palm Life Drive running Palm OS 4.5.2P. When I sync my whole database of about 1550 contacts, I have a problem. My Palm will not install ACT and the Palm locks up. I have to soft reset to get it running again. I just tried loading a smaller database of 300 contacts and everything works fine. The ACT for Palm OS user's guide indicates that it is possible to successfully sync up to 2500 contacts. Where might the problem be?
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Act for Palm OS locking up Palm

There could be an issue with the actual database. You might want to try running maintenance on it. Also, there may be an issue with the amount of data in that you might be running low on space on the handheld. Typically, you can sync up to 2500 contacts, but that is also dependant on the space free on the Palm.

Database maintenance doesn't seem to help. There also seems to be sufficient free space on the Palm - 41.8M of 65.2M with ACT for Palm and all data loaded. The problem seems to be with the Administrator. I reduced the number of contacts that I was syncing in my original database from 1550 to about 400 and the Palm would still lock up when I tried to open ACT. However, I can create a new database which gives me a new Administrator, load it on the Palm, and things work almost OK. The Palm locks up only when I try to go to the contact which was the original Administrator.

Still looking for help
Nickel Super Contributor

Since it's basically been determined to be database specific, the next thing I would recommend is importing the problematic database into a new one. The purposes of this is to hopefully clean up any corruption in the old database my importing it into the new database.

New database works somewhat better. Palm still crashes when I try to access the contact record with my personal records, the daily calendar, or the task list.