01-16-2010 09:43 PM
I just re-installed Act 2007 & Act for Palm OS 2.0 after re-imaging the PC and updated to a newer Palm.
On the PC Act apprears to be just fine...but I am running into troubles with selecting the database to get stnc'd onto my palm T3.
When I select the correct database...it askes for the user name and password. I am a 1-man office and do NOT passwords on the database and I know myself as the user...yet it continues to say "Invalid user name or password, Please try again.
What can I do to get around this problem?
01-18-2010 10:33 AM
Every ACT! database has a username, but a password is optional..you may or may not created one when you created your database. Try this:
- Open your database in ACT!, then go to Tools/Manage Users
- On the Manage Users screen, please note the name under the "User Name" column (may or may not be the same as Contact Name)
- Double-click on your user name to edit
- On the Edit User Information screen, click Reset Password, then uncheck "User must change password at next logon", then check "Password never expires".
- Click Finish, then click Close
- Close and then re-open your ACT! database
- Add your database to ACT! for Palm, using the User Name you noted, and leave the password blank
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.