Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act for Palm OS 2.0 Can't select database to sync onto Palm

Act for Palm OS 2.0 Can't select database to sync onto Palm

I just re-installed Act 2007 & Act for Palm OS 2.0 after re-imaging the PC and updated to a newer Palm.

On the PC Act apprears to be just fine...but I am running into troubles with selecting the database to get stnc'd onto my palm T3.

When I select the correct database...it askes for the user name and password.  I am a 1-man office and do NOT passwords on the database and I know myself as the user...yet it continues to say "Invalid user name or password, Please try again.

What can I do to get around this problem?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act for Palm OS 2.0 Can't select database to sync onto Palm

Hello jovil99,

Every ACT! database has a username, but a password is optional..you may or may not created one when you created your database. Try this:

- Open your database in ACT!, then go to Tools/Manage Users

- On the Manage Users screen, please note the name under the "User Name" column (may or may not be the same as Contact Name)

- Double-click on your user name to edit

- On the Edit User Information screen, click Reset Password, then uncheck "User must change password at next logon", then check "Password never expires".

- Click Finish, then click Close

- Close and then re-open your ACT! database

- Add your database to ACT! for Palm, using the User Name you noted, and leave the password blank

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.