Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act for Mac?

Act for Mac?

Someone recommended I begin using Act for my sales team - we'll need 50 licenses, but first I need to see a demo of the software to see if it will integrate with out sales process.  Where can I download or see a demo of Act for the Mac platform?

Re: Act for Mac?

[ Edited ]

Nevermind - I see by searching here that Mac is not a supported platform and that Sage has no intentions of supporting it.  

Web based Act is not a solution since the sales team doesn't have internet access when they're in the field and I have no plans to pay for it nor do I have plans to spend an additional $500 per seat to load parallels, windows, act and ms office in the virtual environment - not including the hardware upgrades I'd need to have done to support that.  

I did see several mentions of Daylite as an alternative, I think I'll scoot on over there and see what they're offering as a native Mac application.

There is a reason we're no longer a Windows based office any longer and while we occasionally run into a company that suggests parallels as an alternative, I've found that a little more searching usually turns up the competition that's willing to cater to us.

Silver Contributor

Re: Act for Mac?

Give me a call, we are an ACT Hosting Provider and have lots of options for Mac users both hosted and non hosted.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider