Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act for Financial Professionals 10.0

Act for Financial Professionals 10.0

Hithere,

Just received the software and wanted to see if anyone else can tell me or comment on:

1) I want to import my data from Lotus Organizer 1997;

2) I want to merge information from another Excel spreadsheet into #1 (i.e. based on the name, it would be able to merge open fields from the ones imported from organizer 1997), and

3)  If you are int he Financial business, did you have to customize fields or was everything good to go out of the box?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

j@investwithjeff.com 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act for Financial Professionals 10.0

If you can get the data from Lotus into a .csv or .txt file (comma or tab delimited file), then you can import it into ACT!  Please see the followingKnowledgebase article for information on this process:

How to Import Contact Data From a Text Delimited File (*.TXT or *.CSV) into an ACT! Database

For your question regarding customizing fields, the Financial Professionals version includes hundreds of additonal industry-specific fields not found in the regular version of ACT!.  Most financial professsionals find that they have everything they need, but there will always be some customization required.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.