Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act error on startup - ACT! 2012 SP1 HOT FIX 2

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act error on startup - ACT! 2012 SP1 HOT FIX 2

Act has been working fine. I tried to open it up toady and got this.

act.png

I have added no new programs and have done nothing different to my computer. I installed the latest update about a week ago. I tried restarting my computer and get the same error.

Any thoughts?

Windows Vista

ACT! 2012 SP1 HOT FIX 2

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bidaci
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act error on startup - ACT! 2012 SP1 HOT FIX 2

[ Edited ]

No, you would actually need to delete the 10, 11, 12, and 13 folders (they refers to the version #, not the year), as they are for ACT! versions 2008-2011. The folder for 2012 is the "ACT Data" folder. You would open that folder and rename the DependentDlls.xml file. If this does not resolve, then follow the steps in the first part of the article to manually rebuild preferences.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello bidaci,
Please see the following Knowledgebase article regarding this issue:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25865/kw/25865

Also, please see this KB article for information on how to download and install 2012 SP1 Hot Fix 3:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28810/kw/28810

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I tried every step and still no luck.

I miss spoke as I do have HotFix 3 installed. When I went to delete the DependentDlls.xml File I notice that I have folders for:

Act for windows 10

Act for windows 11

Act for windows 12

Act for windows 13

Does the DependentDlls.xml File need to be deleted in each of these folders?

You need to completely delete the 10, 11, and 12 folders as they are left over from prior versions , then rename the .xml file in the 13 folder.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

There is no data in the 13 folder. There is just a folder named outlook. It shows it hasn't been modified since 6/22/2010.

Shoudl I delete the 10 and 11 and leave the 12 then?

act2.png

Solution
Accepted by topic author bidaci
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

No, you would actually need to delete the 10, 11, 12, and 13 folders (they refers to the version #, not the year), as they are for ACT! versions 2008-2011. The folder for 2012 is the "ACT Data" folder. You would open that folder and rename the DependentDlls.xml file. If this does not resolve, then follow the steps in the first part of the article to manually rebuild preferences.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Had to do the rebuild. Thankfully I didn'tr have to many customizations. Thanks!